Denise Wild | Date posted: February 28th, 2013
You work day and night, and put everything into your business. But it’s not just your hard work that has brought you to where you are today. It’s also the people around you. Your staff, your colleagues, your customers, your family, your friends. Put aside time to show your appreciation and everyone will benefit. Here are some suggestions:
- Say “Thank you!” Sincere verbal gratitude is something everyone loves to hear.
- Give discounts. Offer existing customers discounts on future purchases or monetary rewards for referring friends. Make sure your staff has a hefty employee discount!
- Host a special event. Throw a VIP party for your loyal customers, a surprise staff party for no reason, or host an open house for new, potential customers.
- Offer more vacation days or flexible schedules to your employees.
- Send your staff for skilled training or professional development.
- Give your customers free information. Include educational materials or industry tips on your website and in your giveaway literature.
What do you do to show your staff, your family, and your customers how much you appreciate them? I’d love to hear!
Former magazine editor Denise Wild, a sewing star since the age of 13, started teaching sewing classes in her Toronto apartment in 2004 while she was working at FLARE, Canada’s top fashion publication. Those classes...