FASHION SCHOOL REGISTRATION (14-19+)
Attention future fashion designers, buyers, stylists, and fashion industry insiders: Get your elite start here! This intensive course is for all fashion-savvy teens who want to get into the world of fashion. Learn various sewing techniques and how to do fashion illustration, and get the scoop on what makes a standout fashion-school application: The right resume, industry experience, and a fashion portfolio that makes them say “WOW!” In Fashion School Registration (14-19+), we’ll help you put together your best fashion school application while you complete a portfolio-ready garment.
Ready to sew? register for one of our upcoming classes.
PROJECTS: A haute handbag and a portfolio-ready garment.
SKILLS & TECHNIQUES:
- Sewing-machine basics
- Fashion illustration techniques
- Tools and terminology
- Stitches: Regular stitch, stay stitch, topstitch, edgestitch, basting, stitch-in-the-ditch
- Seam finishes: Serging, zigzag, over-edge zigzag
- Preparing, marking, and cutting fabric
- Reading a commercial pattern
- Installing regular zippers, waistbands, and interfacing
- Sewing a garment that fits including adjusting the size and sewing darts
- Hemming a garment properly
- Learn about various fashion schools and what their application guidelines are
- Learn how to get industry experience and how to put together a fashion resume
- Learn what goes into a stand-out fashion portfolio